Copying and pasting into word

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
Carol

Copying and pasting into word

Post by Carol »

Hello - hello from London in lockdown! I'm loving Jamovi, it is so user friendly. But there is a problem with the copy and paste facility into Word. The data copies across OK, but with double messy gridlines which don't link up properly - it isn't presentable. Can anyone help? Might I be able to copy it as an image, perhaps, and insert it that way? I'm on a deadline to submit a report, so any prompt help gratefully appreciated! sincerely - Carol

jonathon

Re: Copying and pasting into word

Post by jonathon »

hi,

can you send us:

a) a .omv file containing results that don't copy/paste reliably
b) a screenshot of it having been pasted into word.

we're aware of issues when pasting into libreoffice, (that's a bug in libreoffice), but we're not aware of an issue with word. the double grid-lines is from support for footnotes and superscripts, which looks a little untidy, but won't be visible in the printed/exported version (and ensures that any superscripts don't upset the alignment of the numbers in the table).

however, if there's an alignment issue, then that's definitely something we be keen to look at.

jonathon
Carol

Post by Carol »

Thank you so much for your speedy reply - its a godsend as there is a whole group of us here in London who have to submit qualitative reports in 72 hours - and all of us on Microsoft Word for Mac latest version are having this issue. I am trying to work out how to attach a document to or screenshot to this message to demonstrate the problem and will revert shortly. Everything else is totally brilliant by the way!! - sincerely - Carol
Carol

Post by Carol »

I am trying to work out how to attach a screen shot or word document.

By the way - it copies fine into pdf - the problem is, we are not allowed to submit on that.
Carol

Post by Carol »

Jonathan I'm so sorry I've tried everything but the 'upload attachment' system will not allow docx, pdfs or screen shots - is there another way I can get it to you?
Carol

Post by Carol »

Hi Jonathan I'm not sure if you can see the problem from this shot, you will see the gridlines have doubled and gone a bit fuzzy also there is some misalignment? This only happens in Word for Mac - pdf works perfectly......are there any tips you can offer? Thank you so much - sincerely - Carol
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-03-30 at 01.35.52t.jpg
Screenshot 2020-03-30 at 01.35.52t.jpg (61.64 KiB) Viewed 4938 times
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hey,

so when i take a print-preview of this, the only thing that doesn't seem quite right is the dashes in the right most column. they're not against the right side of the table. i'll take a look at that. otherwise i think everything is being handled correctly. there are, of course, additional vertical and horizontal lines in your table in word, but they're just for alignment purposes, and won't appear in the final document. word displays those to be helpful.

if you really want to clean it up, you can select adjacent cells and merge them.

cheers

jonathon
Carol

Post by Carol »

Jonathan you are a star that is so helpful - I didn’t know that it was possible to ‘clean it up’ - in my case the additional vertical and horizontal lines were appearing on the final printed version, I will try selecting the adjacent cells and merging them. Thanks tons!