Plots - layout issue

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
Carol

Plots - layout issue

Post by Carol »

Hello - in the results pane, when I request a plot for a correlation matrix, the title of the plot corrupts - see png attached. Is there anything I can do? Thank you so much - Carol
Attachments
plot problem.png
plot problem.png (25.55 KiB) Viewed 2058 times
jonathon

Re: Plots - layout issue

Post by jonathon »

hi carol,

i agree this needs some attention. long labels tend to be problematic.

we don't have a good solution to this at this stage.

jonathon
Carol

Post by Carol »

Thanks for replying Jonathan, much obliged. For now I will simply shorten the titles for the printouts. I have another question - my last one. For the benefit of the community I will post it separately but here it is now it is about deleting data. How do we delete files that are no longer needed? There is a New, Open, Import, Save, Save As and Export - but no Remove. I don’t want it coming jp on ‘Recents’ all the time, it is easy to make a mistake. Can you help? To close, I also would like to say what a wonderful system this is - particularly for those students like me who are learning stats for the first time. You and the team have done a great deal to make stats accessible to all - this is very important outreach work, and that is a truly wonderful thing to have done. Thank you all - and congratulations.
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hi carol,

i'm not sure i've ever seen a 'remove' option in software before. generally, software provides, 'new', 'open', 'save', etc. but if you want to remove a file, you use the 'file manager' (of 'finder' on macOS).

cheers

jonathon