Showing missing levels on box plots

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
Stardust

Showing missing levels on box plots

Post by Stardust »

Hi,

I have a data set that ranges from 0 to 3. However, in some of the questions, none of the participants selected the "3" option. When I create box plots of the questions, I see some box plot images ranging from 0-3 and also 0-2 (as shown in the image, "fatigue" and "headache". There are two "1" values and they are equal. But since one of the bars is longer, it creates an illusion that there are more people selected that option). Is there any way to fix this? Like modifying the range manually? The measure type I use is "continuous".
Attachments
headache.jpg
headache.jpg (12.06 KiB) Viewed 2056 times
fatigue.jpg
fatigue.jpg (16.1 KiB) Viewed 2056 times
fatigueSetup.jpg
fatigueSetup.jpg (13.37 KiB) Viewed 2056 times
jonathon

Re: Showing missing levels on box plots

Post by jonathon »

hi,

yes, it would be good to be able to set the axis ranges. unfortunately we don't support this at this time.

it's on the todo list.

cheers

jonathon
Stardust

Post by Stardust »

Hi jonathon,

Thank you for your reply.

I have found a workaround for this: I have added a new row with "3" option marked and created the box plot. Since the new plot is an outlier, represented as a small dot, I have deleted the "dot" from the exported image in MS Paint :) I have attached the final image. This may not be useful workaround for everyone, but it works in my case.
Attachments
fatigue3.png
fatigue3.png (7.55 KiB) Viewed 2052 times
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

:)

jonathon