Jamovi doesn't work on Fedora 31

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
jamovier

Jamovi doesn't work on Fedora 31

Post by jamovier »

Hello,
Today I installed Jamovi on Fedora 31 x86_64 KDE Spin using flatpak. When I start the app it says: SERVER ERROR. Unfortunately, the jamovi server could not be started, and Jamovi must now close. We regret the inconvenience."

When I try to run the app using the terminal I get the following errors:

flatpak run org.jamovi.jamovi

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/app/lib/python3.8/runpy.py", line 193, in _run_module_as_main

return _run_code(code, main_globals, None,
  File "/app/lib/python3.8/runpy.py", line 86, in _run_code
    exec(code, run_globals)
  File "/app/lib/python3.8/site-packages/jamovi/server/__main__.py", line 6, in <module>
    from .server import Server
  File "/app/lib/python3.8/site-packages/jamovi/server/server.py", line 12, in <module>
    from .clientconnection import ClientConnection
  File "/app/lib/python3.8/site-packages/jamovi/server/clientconnection.py", line 5, in <module>
    from .session import NoSuchInstanceException
  File "/app/lib/python3.8/site-packages/jamovi/server/session.py", line 10, in <module>
    from .instance import Instance
  File "/app/lib/python3.8/site-packages/jamovi/server/instance.py", line 26, in <module>
    from .integrations import get_special_handler
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'jamovi.server.integrations'

Failed to start (1)
(node:5) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: TypeError: Error processing argument at index 0, conversion failure from undefined
    at WebContents.NavigationController.loadURL (/app/bin/resources/electron.asar/browser/navigation-controller.js:123:26)
    at BrowserWindow.loadURL (/app/bin/resources/electron.asar/browser/api/browser-window.js:119:33)
    at createWindow (/app/bin/resources/default_app.asar/main.js:540:10)
    at handleCommand (/app/bin/resources/default_app.asar/main.js:469:9)
    at /app/bin/resources/default_app.asar/main.js:418:5
(node:5) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: TypeError: Error processing argument at index 0, conversion failure from undefined
    at WebContents.NavigationController.loadURL (/app/bin/resources/electron.asar/browser/navigation-controller.js:123:26)
    at BrowserWindow.loadURL (/app/bin/resources/electron.asar/browser/api/browser-window.js:119:33)
    at createWindow (/app/bin/resources/default_app.asar/main.js:540:10)
    at handleCommand (/app/bin/resources/default_app.asar/main.js:469:9)
    at /app/bin/resources/default_app.asar/main.js:418:5
(node:5) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 1)
(node:5) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 1)
(node:5) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.
(node:5) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.
[fake-sandbox: zypak-sandbox] No data could be read (host died?)
[fake-sandbox: zypak-sandbox] Quitting Zygote...
I used the search function on the forum and I didn't find anything related to this problem in Linux machines. Thanks for your help ^^
jonathon

Re: Jamovi doesn't work on Fedora 31

Post by jonathon »

sorry, the flatpak is broken right at this second. we're just waiting for the successful build to come through flathub.

you can either wait a couple of hours, and update jamovi (and a fix version will come through), or you can install a working version now with:

Code: Select all

flatpak install https://dl.flathub.org/build-repo/18022/org.jamovi.jamovi.flatpakref
sorry for the inconvenience.

jonathon
jamovier

Post by jamovier »

I updated Jamovi now and now it works. It's a beautiful piece of software made by fantastic people. Thank you very much for your work, I really appreciate it.
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

:)