AnovaRM Issue

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
JACE

AnovaRM Issue

Post by JACE »

Hi,

I'm having trouble with the anovaRM function in R, I think since the latest R update. The code was working a few months ago, and still works fine in a mixed ANOVA, but when I try and run with covariates I get this error:

Error in sum(covTerms) : invalid 'type' (list) of argument

I've copied fresh syntax directly from Jamovi and it still doesn't work, though it does when there are no covariates. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
jonathon

Re: AnovaRM Issue

Post by jonathon »

hi jace,

if you can attach the data set, and a reproducible R script, i'll take a look.

apologies, the R syntax for the rm anova is a bit of a mess.

cheers

jonathon
JACE

Post by JACE »

HI Jonathon,

Thanks for looking into this - really appreciate it. I've attached a minimally reproducible code - hopefully it should work. I opened it in a new session in base R and it did work to reproduce the error code. Thank you!
Attachments
minimal reproducible.R
(3.25 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hi,

this script runs just fine for me, can you double check you're using the latest version of jmv, 1.2.5? what version of R are you using?

jonathon
JACE

Post by JACE »

Thanks Jonathan.

For jamovi I'm using 1.1.9 - it says internally it's up to date but I checked the website and have downloaded the latest version. The problem still occurs. Just to confirm, though, it was working perfectly within jamovi - the problem was just when using the code within R.

For R, I'm using the latest version 4.0 (2020-04-24) -- "Arbor Day". As far as I can tell, this problem with the jmv AnovaRM code only emerged after I updated.
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

yeah my suspicion has been that there's a breaking change in R 4 ... let me take a look.

jonathon
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

OK, i've pushed a fix. you can install it with:

remotes::install_github('jamovi/jmv')

i'll push it to CRAN in the next couple of days.

cheers