Unable to run analyses

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
huey

Unable to run analyses

Post by huey »

Hi! One of my students is unable to run analyses. When he tries to run, say, descriptives, he gets a blank output (see attached file). Same with all other analyses.

He tried to reinstall jamovi 3 times, the solid version twice and the current version once. All of them gave the same blank output.

He is using a Windows laptop that is 4-5 years old. I'm not sure if that makes a difference? He's the only student out of a class of 60 that has this issue.

Has any one else encountered such an issue before? Do you have any advice for how I may help troubleshoot this? Thank you!
Attachments
jamovi problem.PNG
jamovi problem.PNG (155.65 KiB) Viewed 1807 times
jonathon

Re: Unable to run analyses

Post by jonathon »

hi huey,

issues like this do *very occasionally* show up. it's most likely an issue with windows unfortunately. if it's possible, have your student run jamovi in debug mode (you'll find it under the start menu), and then start jamovi with the command:

jamovi --debug

it may output some diagnostic error messages.

with thanks
huey

Re: Unable to run analyses

Post by huey »

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your reply! The issue is now resolved. Apparently the solution was simply to re-boot the laptop! The student doesn't have a habit of shutting down the laptop and instead puts it on sleep mode. It's possible that that reduced the laptop's ability to run jamovi? It runs perfectly now.

Thanks again, Jonathan, for your reply and your work on jamovi!