How? Merge text columns, add seperator

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
MAgojam

Re: How? Merge text columns, add seperator

Post by MAgojam »

stats2019 wrote: Do I understand correct, that in your first example (screenshot) the column new_var was added by hand after conversion and not added using the code?
In other words, as the data will be replaced with a new version of it, is there a way to write the calculated new column back to jamovi (data columns)?
Hi, Olaf.
Yes, after saving the new variable in a text file, I copied and pasted it as a new jamovi variable.
At the moment the Rj module is an editor to provide an R environment without having to exit jamovi using the present libraries, but it keeps everything inside.
A deeper interaction with jamovi is not yet possible, such as the creation of one or more variables and a back to jamovi (data columns).
With a super team of expert developers, Jamovi grows every day, this possibility will also come.

Cheers,
Maurizio
stats2019

Re: How? Merge text columns, add seperator

Post by stats2019 »

Hi Maurizio,

thank you for your answer. I am looking forward to new possibilities of jamovi and I was very pleased to see, that - with some extra columns it's already possible to achieve such things.

Stay healthy
Olaf