Failure in ClinicoPath Table export MacOs

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
rzayat

Failure in ClinicoPath Table export MacOs

Post by rzayat »

Hello Dear Jamovi friends,

in the package ClinicoPath there is a great option to perform crosstabulation and getting a great designed publication Tables.
But each Time I choose export Analysis or Copy Table, no matter which option I tried, at the end the tables in PDF or word looks terrible; some values are sliped etc.

Can any one help me with Problem?
any other package to creates such nice Tables
jonathon

Re: Failure in ClinicoPath Table export MacOs

Post by jonathon »

hi,

can you attach a .omv file?

i think clinicopath uses a different table library, and so it doesn't make use of the usual table export pipeline.

jonathon
rzayat

Post by rzayat »

sure, here is an .omv File
the problem when you see the table in JAMOVI it looks perfect just pulication ready, then when you export it as PDF or just copy it and paste it in Word...... Sadly; in addition to the lost of the perfect style and order all paranthese, comme disappear
for example JAMOVI shows median (min- max) : 33.412 (11.432- 43.432) and after export it looks 114323341243432
which cost alot of time to correct and thats not the idea of this great Package.

Thank you very much in advance
Attachments
Forum_File.omv
(15.81 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
rzayat

Post by rzayat »

and just for more details, here is a screen shot of the table after copy and paste in Word
the same happens when i export it as PDF.

Thanks for your help
Attachments
screen_JAMOVI.jpg
screen_JAMOVI.jpg (82.68 KiB) Viewed 3964 times
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

thanks,

i've created an issue over here:

https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues/892

of course, my preference would be for ClinicoPath to use the normal jamovi tables, but we try and support these alternative approaches too.

we should be able to improve this.

cheers and thanks for reporting.

jonathon
rzayat

Post by rzayat »

Thanks jonathon,
it would be great option which is very helpful in saving time producing tables.
unfurtantly the standard JAMOVI tables does not include both summary and values of tests and if, then order is not publication ready.
However, all in all JAMOVI is a great free opensource Statistik program
sbalci

Post by sbalci »

Hi,

ClinicoPath module uses tangram package. The author of the package has made some changes to be more compatible with jamovi.

I have also added other R packages with similar functionality (like arsenal, finalfit, and gtsummary). I did not release the latest version yet. You may find the ongoing developments here and side load the module:
https://github.com/sbalci/ClinicoPathJamoviModule/releases/tag/v0.0.2.0012

For the time being I may recommend exporting to html and then copying from there to word. That is what I do for my own pathology research. It would be better if I had implemented jamovi's own table structure, but for the time being it is beyond my abilities and scope.

And before I forget, please double check the tests used by tangram and other packages. They select the type of tests via the properties of data, but they may not be suitable all of the times.

Best wishes.
rzayat

Post by rzayat »

Dear sbalci,
thank you very much.... you have done a great job by releasing ClinicoPath Package, and with your new Updatev :grin: :grin: .... its perfect for Publication Ready Tables :grinning: ....
Everything works now when exporting the Tables as HTML .....
Thanks again
Peace
sbalci

Post by sbalci »

Thank you for the nice comments.
Best wishes