Two-Way ANOVA with Replication

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
gmarchan

Two-Way ANOVA with Replication

Post by gmarchan »

Hi,

Good day!

I tried to use search to find an answer to this but I got a response from the site that the words I used are too common. :grin:

I'm totally new to Jamovi and am wondering how to do a two-way ANOVA with replication. I saw from the handbook (Learning Statistics with Jamovi) that two-way ANOVAs can be generated using factorial ANOVA but I am not sure where to find the replication part. ANOVA with repeated measures doesn't seem to be the answer.

Your guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
gmarchan
jonathon

Re: Two-Way ANOVA with Replication

Post by jonathon »

repeated meaures would be the way that i would approach it ... but we probably need more information about your design.

jonathon
gmarchan

Post by gmarchan »

Got it.

We want to see the interacting effects of gender and marital status to a continuous variable like job satisfaction. We are not testing the moderation or mediation.

Please let me know if I am able to explain this well as I am new to statistics and the tool.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
George
MAgojam

Post by MAgojam »

Hi, George.
From your last post, I think a use of ANCOVA can be suggested, if you also have a continuous variable (in addition to the two IVs as factors) that could affect DV (job satisfaction).
Ex. Adjustment for age (covariates).
Take a look at chapter 14.5, p. 384 in the handbook (Learning Statistics with Jamovi).

Cheers,
Mauizio
gmarchan

Post by gmarchan »

Factorial ANOVA worked. I used the Interaction under Components and Model Terms.

Thank you all for your help.