LibreOffice compatibility

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
RHainez

LibreOffice compatibility

Post by RHainez »

Hi,

I got an issue with the jamovi copied items when I use LibreOffice Writer:

- the tables are very "dirty" i.e. there are small useless columns between the columns containing digits

- the copied figures don't seem to be considered as pictures when I paste them in Writer: when I double-click on them the pop-up menu won't let me choose the desired wrap option

I don't have these problems with Word.

Here is an example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g8yfz1k98jtta ... m.odt?dl=0

So, do you think the problem comes from Writer or from Jamovi?

Keep up the good work :)
jonathon

Re: LibreOffice compatibility

Post by jonathon »

hey romaric,

there's a couple of things going on here.

the small useless columns are there to keep the cell contents aligned correctly when there are superscripts. without it, with subscripts, the column content would be shunted to the right upsetting the alignment. here you can see them doing their thing:
Screen Shot 2017-10-21 at 09.58.22.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-21 at 09.58.22.png (33.09 KiB) Viewed 2738 times
but i agree they look terrible with all those grey 'guidelines' ... but they *do* print fine. for example, the print preview:
Screen Shot 2017-10-21 at 09.53.04.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-21 at 09.53.04.png (175.13 KiB) Viewed 2738 times
but the behaviour of word and libreoffice are the same. they both paste tables rather than images, they both have additional columns, etc. it's just that libreoffice doesn't look so great in the editor. incidentally, we *do* want to paste tables rather than images, because that lets people change headings/formattings, etc. easily.

... and it does appear that adjusting wrapping, etc. with tables isn't that easy in LO.

cheers
RHainez

Re: LibreOffice compatibility

Post by RHainez »

Ok, thank you very much for this comprehensive answer :)