cloud.jamovi in iPad

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
jonathon

Re: cloud.jamovi in iPad

Post by jonathon »

could you try opening a .omv file from the cloud version on an ipad again? i've pushed an update which should work around the issue.

kind regards

jonathon
Peter

Post by Peter »

Thanks for your time and efforts. Sadly it still does not work :/
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

oh wow ... this is nuts. apple are such jerks. i'm not sure there's an easy way around this. it's undoubtedly a business decision on apple's part to hamstring web applications, and it seems as though they've closed all the loopholes. they are clever buggers, no question there.

i'll have to think about this.

we're going to add functionality like "open from onedrive", "open from dropbox", etc. and that may be the only way you can open files on ipads. :/

jonathon
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

actually, i'm pretty sure chrome is available for the ipad. could you try opening this with jamovi in chrome.

one of the rules of the app store is that you *have* to use apple's web rendering engine, so even chrome is forced to use the safari internals (apple won't allow other web-browsers to ship with their own renderers). so i'm 99% sure that that will prevent chrome from working correctly here too, but there's a small chance that isn't the case.

with thanks

jonathon
Peter

Post by Peter »

You were right, it doesn't work on Chorme either :/. Anyway Jamovi is a awesome product. Thanks for your time and effort!

Peter