Persistent Rj Editor

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
pdeli

Persistent Rj Editor

Post by pdeli »

Hello,

I have a master .omv file that I duplicate to make different types of statistics.

I created such a duplicate in which I launched an Rj Editor with which I tried to "play" a little. Then I erased it from the Results pane. Then I started creating computed and transformed variables.

And here, each time I create one of those (computed or transformed variables), wherever in the data table, the Rj Editor reappears with the code I thought I erased. In my case it systematically reappears just below "Results" in the eponym pane. I tried putting a Descriptives table to see if that'll make the Rj Editor not reappear, but it does.

Someone knows a way so that this Rj Editor does not reappear when not summoned?

Obviously, I could make another duplicate of the original file and recreate the computed and transformed variables to get rid of this "feature", but I thought I would mention it anyways.

Best regards from cloudy and windy Geneva, Switzerland,
pdeli

----

I use Jamovi 1.6.7.0 on macOS Catalina (version 10.15.7), MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports), 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB.

++++
MAgojam

Re: Persistent Rj Editor

Post by MAgojam »

Hi, @pdeli.
I don't have the answer to your question, but a curiosity.
You can share here the .omv file that has the problem highlighted.
I use jamovi every day (at the moment v1.6.7) with the Rj module, with WIN10 pro Ita on some PCs, but I don't answer and I can't produce what you reported.
Could it be something dirtying the file or the macOS version?

I cordially greet you too, with the weather forecast in Parma, in the Italian Food Valley, where today a very dense fog persists that prevents you from seeing an inch from your nose, but it is very good for the aging of some typical cured meats.
Maurizio
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hi pdeli,

if you could take a video, showing the steps you perform to have this happen, that would be very helpful.

(you can record a video on macOS with the keys cmd+shift+5)

with thanks

jonathon

ps. such a poetic weather forecast mz!
pdeli

Post by pdeli »

Hello MAgojam & Jonathon,

I haven't been able to reproduce the problem since (in the meantime the Jamovi version I use became 1.6.12.0). I had another similar issue though, but it too disappeared.

I guess the case can be closed. Will open one if something new occurs.

Sorry for the trouble.

Best regards from cold (but not freezing) and cloudy Geneva, Switzerland,
pdeli

++++