Can't open jamovi .omv file

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
Jule

Can't open jamovi .omv file

Post by Jule »

Hi guys,

I am currently doing an analysis for my master thesis and the deadline is approaching so I'd be SO VERY thankful for timely answers!

I recently got a new laptop (Mac Book Air 10.15.7) and downloaded Jamovi (Version 1.2.27.0). Yesterday I entered all my data, which took the whole day, then run the analysis, saved the document, closed it and today I cannot open it anymore. My computer says that it can't find any programs to open it with even though Jamovi still works fine once I open it separately. I just cannot open an omv file after I've saved and closed it.

Do you have any idea why that happens?

I appreciate any help!
jonathon

Re: Can't open jamovi .omv file

Post by jonathon »

hi,

select the hamburger menu (☰) from the top left of jamovi, select open, browse, then browse to the file you want to open.

cheers

jonathon
Jule

Post by Jule »

Thanks so much for your quick answer! Unfortunately that doesn't work. The file doesn't appear on my desktop while I search for it on Jamovi, its as if its invisible. If I click on its file name under "recent" Jamovi says: "Unable to open (Errno 2) No such file or directory" :weary:
Jule

Post by Jule »

Omg I tried again and NOW it worked! THANKS SO MUCH!!! You saved me!
Jix

Post by Jix »

I'm encountering the same problem. Has a solution ever been found?