Error running jmv::ANOVA in RJ editor

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
emersonlout

Error running jmv::ANOVA in RJ editor

Post by emersonlout »

Hello,

I am not super well versed in R but am able to run general ANOVAs/ANCOVAs etc. in RStudio. I am trying to add more posthocs through RJeditor, but am having problems calling upon variables using the same formulas. Starting off simple, with a dataset that runs easily in Jamovi and I R, I attempted this code:

Code: Select all

jmv::ANOVA(formula = Nano ~ Condition + Drug + Condition:Drug, data = data)
I got this by looking at the syntax performed in a regular Jamovi ANOVA. However, every time I try to do this, or any other variations of an anova function, I get this error:
attempt to use zero-length variable name

I have tried many different things, but keep getting this error and I feel that it is caused by the way I am calling the variables.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Emerson
jonathon

Re: Error running jmv::ANOVA in RJ editor

Post by jonathon »

hi,

could you provide the data and R code so we can take a look? (you can email it to contact <at> jamovi.org if it's sensitive)

kind regards

jonathon
emersonlout

Post by emersonlout »

Jonathon,

Thank you very much for the quick response. I was editing the dataset so it wasn't sensitive and could upload and in the process of doing so, effectively ran the code. I believe the "Nano" column had an error in it and when I was changing the dataset, fixed it. No everything runs smoothly.

I do have one question though. Is there a way for me to call on the anova function run in Jamovi that doesn't require rerunning it as code in R? Or is this the only way to access that.

Again, thank you for your help and all of your work in this forum.

Emerson
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

Is there a way for me to call on the anova function run in Jamovi that doesn't require rerunning it as code in R?
hey, sorry, i don't quite understand the question. could you explain it a bit differently?

if you change the data, any ANOVAs you've run should update automatically.

cheers

jonathon
emersonlout

Post by emersonlout »

Sorry for the confusion. I'm probably not quite explaining it correctly. So I am running ANOVAs in Jamovi with the functions that are already built into the program by you. The only thing I'm hoping to add is a way to run a Duncans Post Hoc test on the ANOVAs I've run, but the only way I've found to do this, is to recode for an ANOVA/ANCOVA for what I need. This kind of defeats the purpose of me using the UI in Jamovi if I'm just going to code it in R, so I was wondering if there was a way to call on the ANOVAs already run by the program, or an easier way to do this?

Thank you for your help!

Emerson
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hi,

no sorry, you'll have to construct the ANOVAs yourself in R, if you want to perform additional tests.

if you had some R skills, you could consider adding duncan's posthoc to the "moretests" module.

cheers