Mediation: Rsquared and F-value

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
luschaefer

Mediation: Rsquared and F-value

Post by luschaefer »

Hey!

First of all big thanks for creating this great tool! First time doing statistics is real fun.

For my thesis I have to calculate a regression model. I have two independet variables and one mediator, and predicted that both of the independet variables are connected to the mediator, but that only one of them is directly related to my dependent variable. To build this model i used jamm and until then everything worked perfectly. But now I am struggling a bit, because I have to report the fit of the whole model, in terms of R squared and F-values with significancy for the whole model, and im struggling to find those options. Is there any way jamm can give me those values in the output? Or any other soluation to solve this?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Lu
mcfanda@gmail.com

Re: Mediation: Rsquared and F-value

Post by mcfanda@gmail.com »

Hi
there's no F-test for the "whole model". You can have a F-test and R^2 for the model with mediator as dependent variable, and one F-test and R^2 for the model with dependent as dependent, and mediator and all independent variables as independent variables. You can obtain those with two GLM or two multiple regresssions.
mcfanda@gmail.com

In the next version (1.1.0) there will be R^2 and F-tests for the individual regressions if "options->"individual regressions" is activated.
luschaefer

Post by luschaefer »

Thanks for your help, I´ll just do it this way then. And also thank you again for this great module and the work you putting in!
mcfanda@gmail.com

thanks, please keep posting when you have suggestions