On the web version timing out...

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
Bobafett

On the web version timing out...

Post by Bobafett »

Hiya,
Some of our students have encountered an issue in running a repeated measures ANOVA in the browser based version of jamovi (Chrome). After about 15 seconds it throws up an error message stating "the analysis has exceeded the current time limits and has been terminated". The installed version of jamovi seems fine, but some students say they can't install it due to security settings etc.... :/

I suspect the issue is to do with the sheer number of cases in the file (n>1600 - I've attached it if you need it?) - if so, can the time limit setting be tweaked?

Cheers
Paul
Attachments
PPS Sem2 Report data for students.omv
data file
(60.11 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
jonathon

Re: On the web version timing out...

Post by jonathon »

hey,

yes, we've imposed a 15 second limit on the duration of analyses in the cloud. we have limited resources to provide the cloud based version, and that limit allows us to provide the cloud version to a larger number of people.

we did figure that no-one in teaching would ever run into these limits ... but i suppose we were wrong.

but yeah, RM ANOVA's with a lot of rows are slow.

we can provide a private instance, where you can have whatever limits (or not) that you like, but we do charge for this.

cheers

jonathon