Flexplot not producing plot

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
WestSJ3

Flexplot not producing plot

Post by WestSJ3 »

Hello again!

Instructor teaching an undergrad class in jamovi. I've had several students contact me saying that flexplot never produces a plot, it just shows the loading animation in the output panel endlessly. Some students said they waited for over an hour. Rebooting and reinstalling the software didn't appear to fix the issue.

This actually did happen to me once as well but it seemed a fluke and hasn't happened since then, but the issue appears to be more pervasive for some of my students. From what I can tell there is no pattern across them as they are all using different operating systems and machines.

Apologies for not having more details than that! The plot in question is an interaction plot with two continuous predictors.
jonathon

Re: Flexplot not producing plot

Post by jonathon »

hi,

i'm pushing an update that will improve the situation (1.6.18 for macOS, it seems to be worse on macOS), but ultimately the issue is with flexplot. you'll need to drop dustin fife a line.

if you drop him a line, you can quote me as saying "i think the issue is that the objects flexplot is storing in state are too large"

cheers

jonathon