MacOS Catalina - jamovi 1.6.15 damage message

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
GregP

MacOS Catalina - jamovi 1.6.15 damage message

Post by GregP »

MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 on a 2013 Macbook Pro

hi jonathon,

I had been running an older version of jamovi (1.2.26 or so) until this afternoon and it ran nicely. However, today I updated to 1.6.15, which overwrote my old version :rolling_eyes: , and now when I open jamovi I keep getting a never-ending pop-up message telling me that :

"jamovi" is damaged and can't be opened.
You should move it to the bin.

(see also attached screenshot)

Now, I can open jamovi but only from the download folder (using the old "right-click" and "open" trick). But as soon as I add jamovi to my Applications, that's when the pop-up message starts...and it never stops. I keep having to click on "Cancel", after which it just pops up again.
Any ideas to work around this? If not, I'll have to go back to an older version. Thanks.

best,
greg
Attachments
Screenshot_jamovi.png
Screenshot_jamovi.png (21.75 KiB) Viewed 1367 times
Last edited by GregP on Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonathon

Re: MacOS Catalina - jamovi 1.6.15 damage message

Post by jonathon »

hi,

it looks as though it's become corrupted somehow. i'd move it to the bin, download a fresh version, install it, and you should be in business.

cheers

jonathon
GregP

Re: MacOS Catalina - jamovi 1.6.15 damage message

Post by GregP »

I did that, but it kept on bugging me. so I upgraded to Big Sur and and re-downloaded jamovi - and things work again, nice.

cheers
greg