Server error

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
mhanu

Re: Server error

Post by mhanu »

HI. i am afraid i am not allowed to do it because of data in it (not up to me). but it worked perfectly on 2.0.0.
i try a roll back to 2.0.0

Thank you
mhanu

Post by mhanu »

ok, now the error appears randomly while working in jamovi.

connection lost and close without letting you to save.

Thanks
megkelly

Post by megkelly »

Hi,

I am having the same issue. I was working on a file this summer using Jamovi 2.0 (Linux) but haven't touched it since. I tried to open the file this morning on Linux (2.2.2) and I am getting the same error message as everyone else in this thread. I also tried opening the file on a Windows computer and got the same message as well. Finally, I tried to open the file in Cloud as was previously recommended to another user, but my file is too large. Is there anything I can do? Is it possible to download version 2.0 instead of 2.2.2?

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-11-09 3.13.03 PM.png
Screenshot 2021-11-09 3.13.03 PM.png (43.89 KiB) Viewed 7984 times
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hi,

provide us with a data file, and steps to reproduce, and we'll take it from there. you can either attach the file here, or email it through to contact <at> jamovi.org

cheers
filination

Post by filination »

Hi,

My students have been running into the same issue. Since this is all random data from Qualtrics, no problem in sharing this.

It's too big to upload, so please see : https://www.dropbox.com/s/mecyf33ljzhr2 ... 2.omv?dl=0

Just like with the others here, it tried to open the file on 2.2.2 on Windows 10, read half way through, then crashes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Gilad
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

perfect! thanks gilad, a reproducible example is just what we need.

with thanks
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

i've created an issue here:

https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues/1134

jonathon
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

i've isolated the issue, and will push out a fix shortly. will land in the 2.2.5

with thanks
filination

Post by filination »

Wow, works. Amazing, thanks so much for the very quick resolution!
Inspiring to see the JAMOVI team work.
maricimarius

Post by maricimarius »

AnPa wrote:I triend installing jamovi both on my laptop and my computer, but every time I try to start the program I get the following message:
Unfortunately, the jamovi server could not be started, and jamovi must now close. We regret the inconvenience.
Please report your experiences to the jamovi team.
I need to install the 1.6.15 solid version of jamovi. Can you please help me solve this problem?

Thank you in advance!
Hello,

I had the same problem and I solved it. I updated windows and the problem disappeared.

Marius Marici
Statistics professor