"column does not exist"

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
sydney

"column does not exist"

Post by sydney »

hello,
a student of mines has a huge problem to comput variables. When she selects the columns, JAMOVI says that the first variable doesn't exist. She has the last version, I think, she downloaded less than a month ago. I tried with my computer with her datas, and I have the same message.
Diapositive1.JPG
Diapositive1.JPG (106.58 KiB) Viewed 11717 times
Then, I deleated the first variable and JAMOVI now says that the second variable doesn't exist.
Diapositive2.JPG
Diapositive2.JPG (105.34 KiB) Viewed 11717 times
It's the same if I choose "mean" ou "sum", which I tried to understand where the problem is. But when I try a correlation with the same variables, it works
Diapositive3.JPG
Diapositive3.JPG (121.16 KiB) Viewed 11717 times
I don't have this problem with another file of datas, only with hers...

does anyone have an idea about it ?

thank you so much for your help
jonathon

Re: "column does not exist"

Post by jonathon »

could you share the data set?

with thanks

jonathon
StefanR

Post by StefanR »

Hello Jonathon,

same problem with a handful of variables in my data set.
Did you find the cause or a solution / workaround in the meantime?

Best regards
Stefan
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hi stefan,

at this point in time, we're yet to confirm that there's a problem. if someone can send through a data set which has this problem, we can take a look.

cheers

jonathon
DavisB

Post by DavisB »

sydney wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:13 am hello,
a student of mines has a huge problem to comput variables. When she selects the columns, JAMOVI says that the first variable doesn't exist. She has the last version, I think, she downloaded less than a month ago. I tried with my computer with her datas, and I have the same message.

Diapositive1.JPG

Then, I deleated the first variable and JAMOVI now says that the second variable doesn't exist.

Diapositive2.JPG

It's the same if I choose "mean" ou "sum", which I tried to understand where the problem is. But when I try a correlation with the same variables, it works

Diapositive3.JPG

I don't have this problem with another file of datas, only with hers...

does anyone have an idea about it ?

thank you so much for your help
Hello,
I ran into the same problem with a dataset and did not find a solution online.
After trying out various things,over three days, this worked...
After creating the transform column,I rewrote the source variable names, column by column, and the error disappeared! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I have no theory at the moment as to why this worked, but for someone looking for a technical solution, please note that I uploaded the data from an Excel CSV file, that I had downloaded from Google sheets, from data I had collected using google forms.
Might there be an encoding issue?