omv files wont upload

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
MarianaLewis

omv files wont upload

Post by MarianaLewis »

I use an ipad pro as my device so I can’t actually download the jamovi program - this has been fine as I just use the online demo, but recently out of nowhere the online demo version has stopped allowing me to import my own omv files? They’re just not available to select to upload as if they’re incompatible. This is for uni assignments so I need to get this sorted! Cheers
jonathon

Re: omv files wont upload

Post by jonathon »

hi,

as far as we're aware, it's never been possible to open data files (other than the examples) on an ipad in jamovi. this is because apple place restrictions on the files that can be opened. when you click "open", jamovi says "let the user choose any of these file types", and it's the ipad which makes the decision to not allow you to open any of those files.

if you do the same thing on any other sort of device, you won't have this problem.

our plan is to work around it, by allowing you to open files from one drive, etc. but at this stage, apple have won, and it's not possible to open files.

jonathon
jonathon

Re: omv files wont upload

Post by jonathon »

you can now open any file you want using the cloud version on ipads, etc.