Plotting All a Variable's Levels within Mixed Model

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
r2theoozbeck

Plotting All a Variable's Levels within Mixed Model

Post by r2theoozbeck »

Hello.

First I just want to say that I truly love Jamovi. It helped me finish my thesis, and understand statistics through visual learning.

My Question: I am wondering how I can plot all values of a variable within an interaction term after implementing a linear mixed model (as apposed to just standard deviations below and above the mean). I have downloaded the gamlj package and am running a linear mixed model.

Here's what I mean, below I found a significant interaction between grade levels of children and a risk variable (higher grade levels show lower scores at higher levels of risk). I want to show lines for all the grade levels that I have (0-6). But I am only able to show grades 2, 3, 4 (in image). How can I plot separate lines for each grade on one graph within the multilevel model? In this picture, Grade is not centered and is entered as a categorical variable and represented as percentiles.

Thank you for any insights you might have regarding this,
-Rouzbeh
Attachments
jamovi Question.JPG
jamovi Question.JPG (142.71 KiB) Viewed 4322 times
mcfanda@gmail.com

Re: Plotting All a Variable's Levels within Mixed Model

Post by mcfanda@gmail.com »

Hi
gamlj mixed model input does not check the "type" of variables as defined in the dataset. Any independent variable that is input in "Covariates" will be considered a continuous variable, whereas any independent variable input in the "Factors" field will be considered a categorical variable. Thus, to obtain what you wish, just put grade level and minority status in the "factors" field in the input of the mixed model