Jamovi leaving flathub?

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
N1X3L

Jamovi leaving flathub?

Post by N1X3L »

Apologies if this has already been announced, but is jamovi leaving flathub? For a few days now, I've been unable to update past v.2.0.0, instead only receiving this message:

Code: Select all

Info: org.freedesktop.Platform//19.08 is end-of-life, with reason:
   The Freedesktop SDK 19.08 runtime is no longer supported as of September 1, 2021. Please ask your application developer to migrate to a supported version
Applications using this runtime:
   org.jamovi.jamovi
Info: org.freedesktop.Platform.VAAPI.Intel//19.08 is end-of-life, with reason:
   The Freedesktop SDK 19.08 runtime is no longer supported as of September 1, 2021. Please ask your application developer to migrate to a supported version
Info: org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.default//19.08 is end-of-life, with reason:
Just now I checked jamovi's page on flathub, but instead only found this:
Attachments
flathub_jamovi_2021-09-22.png
flathub_jamovi_2021-09-22.png (13.62 KiB) Viewed 7727 times
jonathon

Re: Jamovi leaving flathub?

Post by jonathon »

hi,

we're still on flathub:

https://flathub.org/apps/details/org.jamovi.jamovi

yeah, there looks to be an issue with flathub, and there's something there we're working through at the moment.

https://github.com/flatpak/flatpak-builder/issues/415

we're unable to push updates to flathub for the time being, but hopefully we'll be able to get these issues sorted out soon.

we're on it.

cheers

jonathon
N1X3L

Post by N1X3L »

Jonathon,

Thank you so much! That's honestly a great relief to me. Some chapters of my dissertation are built atop jamovi, so I'm greatly relieved to hear that. Thank you!
omarbautistag

Post by omarbautistag »

Hello. I have some weeks having a problem related with this:

Code: Select all

Info: org.freedesktop.Platform//21.08 terminó su vida útil, con motivo:
   org.freedesktop.Platform 21.08 is no longer receiving fixes and security updates. Please update to a supported runtime version.
Info: org.freedesktop.Platform.VAAPI.Intel//21.08 terminó su vida útil, con motivo:
   org.freedesktop.Platform 21.08 is no longer receiving fixes and security updates. Please update to a supported runtime version.
Info: org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.default//21.08 terminó su vida útil, con motivo:
I'm still using Jamovi, using GNU/Linux with Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish). But I'm worried of this warning.
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hi,

this is an old thread. can you start a new thread?

jonathon
omarbautistag

Post by omarbautistag »

Yes, I can. Thanks for the suggestion.