MAJOR Study Label Error

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
dylanA

MAJOR Study Label Error

Post by dylanA »

I'm using the MAJOR package and I'm not sure what the "study label" is. It's asking me to run a TRUE FALSE argument but I'm not sure how to handle that.
MAgojam

Re: MAJOR Study Label Error

Post by MAgojam »

Hi, @dylanA.

Based on what you write I would reply that in "Study Label" you should put your nominal variable where you entered, for example the name of the Authors of the publications you use for the meta-analysis, but this is probably not the suggestion you are looking for.
If you receive errors or other, enrich your request with some more information, for example which item in the Major menu you have selected, and which message appears in the output.
Also an attached screenshot (if possible) can help you better understand the problem and give you an adequate answer.

Cheers,
Maurizio
dylanA

Post by dylanA »

I went to MAJOR -> Dichotomous Model. My original thought was that I would just the name of the studies in one column but that didn't work. The error message that I received says "missing value where TRUE/FALSE needed.
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

it sounds like there's either a problem with your data, and MAJOR isn't providing a very helpful error message, or there's a bug in MAJOR.

if you can provide a .omv file, it might be possible to figure out what's going on here.

cheers
MAgojam

Post by MAgojam »

Hi, @dylanA.

Thanks for the new information, but in the absence of your file (surely for the presence of confidential data), I checked the "dichotomous model" of MAJOR using the Lee2004 database available in jamovi with.
Open-> Data Library-> MAJOR.

This datasheet refers to this meta-analysis:
Lee, A., & Done, M. L. (2004). Stimulation of the wrist acupuncture point P6 for preventing postoperative nausea and vomiting.
Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews.
doi: 10.1002/14651858.cd003281.pub2

The configuration is OS: Windows 10, jamovi v2.0.0.0 and the MAJOR module v1.2.0 and the result is in this attached screenshot:
M-A_Dichotomous.PNG
M-A_Dichotomous.PNG (183.23 KiB) Viewed 5477 times
As you can see, the analysis was successful, with no errors reported.

Is it possible that you can try to repeat it with your configuration using Lee2004 as above?
Thanks.

Cheers,
Maurizio
ThomasRethink

Post by ThomasRethink »

Fwiw I had the same error message, but it was fixed by recategorising my numeric nominal variables to continuous variables.