xlim error message

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
dylanA

xlim error message

Post by dylanA »

I'm getting a few different answers online to what this message is. So far, no luck. Any idea what I could be ignoring or not considering?
I'm using MAJOR- > Mean difference.
Attachments
13.PNG
13.PNG (71.41 KiB) Viewed 7265 times
MAgojam

Re: xlim error message

Post by MAgojam »

Hi @dylanA,
check your "STUDY" variable, most likely you have one or more missing.
You should filter your variable to exclude those lines where you are missing the study reference.

A tip:
Do not use double quotes as a variable name, as I see in the screenshot you attached, you may have problems.
If you create a filter like:
"STUDY" != "" (It won't work)
but if you just call it STUDY or other name (don't use special characters) with:
STUDY != "" Will work and you will be able to see your analysis.

Cheers,
Maurizio
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

fun fact,

you can use special characters if you wrap it in backticks. so you can go:

`"STUDY"` != ""

note that backticks are not the same as an apostrophe or 'single quote'. you'll (typically?) find the key for them below your escape key.

cheers
MAgojam

Post by MAgojam »

(Sorry, maybe I'm OT)

Hi Jonathon,
you are right to mention the possibility of using backticks to wrap special characters.

I wonder, why mess with special characters for variable names?

I didn't give this tip, specifically, because Windows users with an Italian keyboard are forced to use the numeric keypad to enter ` (ALT + 96), but what to do when using a laptop?
Perhaps the "simplest" solution is to remap the keyboard like Linux, since Linux allows you to type ` by pressing ALT + ' (ALTGR + apostrophe).

Cheers,
Maurizio