Surface Pro X Help

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
ejmathieson

Surface Pro X Help

Post by ejmathieson »

Hi

I have been asked by my university to install Jamovi for my next subject, i've installed it on my Surface Pro X but it wont start.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

:-)
jonathon

Re: Surface Pro X Help

Post by jonathon »

hi,

surface pro x's use an ARM cpu, and currently are not supported by R under windows, which jamovi uses for all it's analyses. for the time being, you will need to use the cloud version:

https://cloud.jamovi.org

cheers

jonathon
ejmathieson

Post by ejmathieson »

Thanks for your reply
nmartinez

Post by nmartinez »

when will Jamovi be available for Microsoft Surface Pro X?? I need it for school and I unfortunately cannot open any files because a "new version of Jamovi is needed". it is really frustrating because most of my courses are based on Jamovi. I have tried the cloud version but I have no access to ESCI unfortunately. i would really appreciate further assistance.
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hi,

sorry, the analyses in jamovi are based on R, and the R community don't make a version available for windows on arm, so our hands are tied.

longer term, the cloud version will allow the installation of modules, etc. but for now you might have to find a different computer.

cheers

jonathon
nmartinez

Post by nmartinez »

thanks for your reply. for future reference and for others who may ask, version 1.6.23 has been the best version on Microsoft Surface Pro X. hope this helps.
rwashy

Post by rwashy »

for others who searching for the ways to run jamovi on a window arm computer, you can use it in wsl2 . all you need to do is install it use flatpak,and add this to the /etc/wsl.conf file:

[boot]
systemd=true