tried to build jamovi

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
jonathon

Re: tried to build jamovi

Post by jonathon »

where is this RTFM data?

jonathon
ac27037

Post by ac27037 »

Hi,

This is the second one. When I put the wrong variable 'A' to fixed factors, pressed all other options below, and put 'A' back, it still showed that y is empty or has only NAs. The results are also stopped.

Meanwhile, if I removed the analyses, I can still continue my other analyses, while it does not work in the version I built. I have restart the server and it works normally.

Vinco
Attachments
jamovi-cloud-broken2.JPG
jamovi-cloud-broken2.JPG (106.58 KiB) Viewed 1179 times
ac27037

Post by ac27037 »

Hi,

RTFM data is opened as the attached.

Vinco
Attachments
jamovi-cloud-broken3.JPG
jamovi-cloud-broken3.JPG (56.65 KiB) Viewed 1179 times
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hi,

i've just tried it on the cloud version, and it all works pefectly. the analysis only takes half a second, and it all works fine. can you attach a .omv file of the *exact data* and the *exact analyses* ...

with thanks
ac27037

Post by ac27037 »

Hi,

I recorded it as the attached (mkv file, expired on 5/28):

https://file.io/LxMvfwduEDvo

It seemed that if I ignore the error and continue to check other functions, the system would crash. Like what I mentioned before, I could still open another server instance to conduct other analyses, but I had to restart the docker container of jamovi I built in my machine.

Vinco
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hi, yeah, i'm not sure.

without a set of steps i can follow to reproduce the issue, it's difficult for me to comment on what the cause is.

cheers
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hi,

so the problem is simply that the analysis is really huge ... i think you'll find that the analysis is still running, you just need to be patient. on the cloud version, it times out.

there's no really good way for us to handle this ... but we could probably do some work so that this analysis can be interrupted ... but it's not really the sort of analysis that people run very often, a 2x2x8 ... and if they are running one, they appreciate that it's computationally involved and will take a while.

so it's not a heaps high priority.

but i don't think there's anything wrong with the cloud version/docker container ...

jonathon
ac27037

Post by ac27037 »

Hi,

I see! Thank you for your message!

Vinco