RM-ANOVA - Problem with my allocating my dependent variable

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
Eriksen

RM-ANOVA - Problem with my allocating my dependent variable

Post by Eriksen »

Hi there, I'm currently using Jamovi for my bachelor thesis and thought this is the best place to get help.

So I've got a dataset with one dependent variable and three repeated-measure factors. The latter are entered as independent variables in the dataset. Now, if I want to calculate a repeated-measure ANOVA, I have to allocate dependent variables to cells which are the possible variations of my repeated-measure factors (e.g. the combinations morning-workday, evening-workday, morning-weekend and evening-weekend). However, I can't do this as I only have one dependent variable which, while there's the information in the colums next to it which repeated-measure condition it is, isn't separated by repeated-measure factors. So I've only got one dependent variable P1 instead of "P1 morning-weekday", "P1 evening-workday" etc). I could create one dependent variable for each conidtion (so, combination of repeated-measure factors) and enter their respective values. However, doing this manually would be a lot of work. So I wondered if there's an easier solution and if so, if you could tell me. Thanks a lot! :blush:
reason180

Re: RM-ANOVA - Problem with my allocating my dependent varia

Post by reason180 »

For a repeated-measures ANOVA, each participant's data have to in a single row distributed across multiple columns, with different levels of the repeated-measures factor(s) appearing in different columns. Thus, as you indicated, you need to reshape (restructure) your data file. Unfortunately jamovi won't do that for you. You could use SPSS to do the restructuring (if you have access to SPSS). Or if you know how to run an R script, you could use the long-to-wide restructurer linked on the following page: https://sites.google.com/view/complexco ... /r-scripts