Superimposed variables in Descriptives list

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
prog_frog

Superimposed variables in Descriptives list

Post by prog_frog »

Hi,

Apologies if this has shown up in another forum post but I didn't see it!

Occasionally in recent weeks/months both I and at least one student I know have had two different variables show up with one superimposed upon the other in the variable list in Descriptives (and possibly other options under the Analysis tab). You can see this at the bottom of the list in this image:
variable issue.jpeg
variable issue.jpeg (61.04 KiB) Viewed 905 times
This seems to prevent the user from using one of the two variables (at least) in whatever analyses are desired. Both the student and I are using Macs and we are running version 2.2.5. Have others experienced this? Is there a fix?

Thanks!
~Doug
jonathon

Re: Superimposed variables in Descriptives list

Post by jonathon »

hi doug,

yeah, i've seen this in the past too ... we're aware of the issue, but so far haven't been able to find the root of it.

we'll keep looking.

jonathon
prog_frog

Post by prog_frog »

Thanks Jonathon. If it happens again and I have more details to share I will.
Bobafett

Post by Bobafett »

We've come across the same issue occasionally too. We've learnt to click on the 'combined' variable and one gets entered into the analysis. If this is the one you need then great, if not, this then frees up the other for you to select and then you can kick out the unwanted variable afterwards. Failing that, you could use the search function to specify the one you are after.
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

we got it! fix will be in the next release.

with thanks