[RESOLVED] "Cannot allocate vector of size 2.3 Gb"

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
Yovan

[RESOLVED] "Cannot allocate vector of size 2.3 Gb"

Post by Yovan »

Hi,

I've just downloaded jamovi and tried to run a repeated measures ANOVA. My design is as follows : 2*3*3*3.
After adding all my repeated measures cells, the message "cannot allocate vector of size 2.3 Gb" is displayed. I ran this design on three different computers (64bit, 8gb ram each) and the same message is displayed. I also tried removing triple interactions from the model but the message remains.

Is there a way to solve this issue ?

Thanking you in advance for your help !

Best wishes,

Yovan
jonathon

Re: "Cannot allocate vector of size 2.3 Gb"

Post by jonathon »

hi, can you post the data set somewhere that we can get access to it? and instructions to reproduce the issue?

with thanks

jonathon
Yovan

Post by Yovan »

Hi,

Thank you for your quick answer ! I've emailed you the data set and the instructions to reproduce the issue.

Best regards,

Yovan
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

i've run the analysis as per your instructions, and it has worked fine on my computer. it would seem that your computer is running out of memory, and is unable to allocate enough memory to perform the ANOVA. if you run the same analysis on a computer with more ram, it should work (mine has 16 gig).

we'll take a look and see if we can find a way to reduce the memory consumption of this analysis.

with thanks