understand jamovi

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
Cinnamonbread

understand jamovi

Post by Cinnamonbread »

Hi!

first of all, i just wanted to tell you all that i really dont understand jamovi at all, and just wanted to give this heads up due to being a bit worried about the respons that i might be getting. i havent gotten the feeling that people are rude on this site, but honestly, you never know. ':)
I have to pass a test in jamovi to be able to attend my last year at university, and im supposed to take this test in just a few days. and i still dont understand what this lecturer wants from me. but what i need to know is;

1. to Investigate whether there is a connection between how much the participants feel they have learned, and whether they want to continue playing in the future.

2. Do you also want to investigate whether the girls felt that they wanted to continue to a greater extent than the boys (future).

3. Another goal was that the participants would feel better about playing table tennis. Therefore, you want to investigate whether there was any change within the group through the variable that measures psychological well-being before and after the course.

edit 1; okay, looking through what i wrote in this question i realize that there is not much to take from it to be able to understand what this leturer wants from me. But this is it. These are the questions that the lecturer wants us to be able to do in jamovi. this is what we got and nothing else. i still hope im going to be able to atleast get some help from asking it.
Bobafett

Re: understand jamovi

Post by Bobafett »

With respect, this is a formal assessment of what you have learned and so it would be remiss of people to simply post the answers here for you. However I can tell you that even from the brief snippets of information your tutor has provided - that there is enough detail to help you identify what type of statistical analyses you should run. Obviously, looking at the data itself will help you pinpoint this, but just take a look at each query again and think back to what you have been taught this year...
Cinnamonbread

Post by Cinnamonbread »

i should have explained what i wrote in my question better, i understand what you are saying. i dont expect anyone to just provide me with answers to the assessment. even if that would have been the case, providing me with that would still not help me understand jamovi at all. for me understanding jamovi also quite important. Cause we have to use it for scientific research we are supposed to do this last year at university. there for just giving me the answers would just not cut it. what i wanted actually is to be able to understand the program better.
the lecturer has probably given me the information that i need. i dont know cause this is what we have been provided and nothing else. well, the questions i provided above and also how we download the program. the thing is just that we have no backstory at all to how we should do to help understand jamovi and its program. our lectures consisted with him putting on clips from youtube about the history of jamovi and him just sitting down at the end of the classroom checking his phone.
Bobafett

Post by Bobafett »

I'll DM you.