"File is not a zip" LOST DATABASE

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
nicolundahl

"File is not a zip" LOST DATABASE

Post by nicolundahl »

Hello,

I have been working on a database for a year, and suddenly the file is blocked and I'm not able to open it. The error provided by Jamovi states "File is not a zip". I already checked what you suggested to other users in the forum, but it's not working for me.

I would appreciate any help you could provide me

Thanks in advance
Kind regards
Nico
jonathon

Re: "File is not a zip" LOST DATABASE

Post by jonathon »

hi nico,

"file is not a zip" indicates that the file has become corrupt somehow (there are many reasons why a file might happen, you can google it to explore why this may have happened to you). i'm afraid your best bet is to restore it from backup.

sorry i don't have better news.

jonathon
nicolundahl

Post by nicolundahl »

Hi Jonathon,

Thanks for the quick reply. How can I get to the backup file?

Thanks again
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

i don't know how you've organised your backups, so i can't really comment.

jonathon
Frank.M.LoSchiavo

Post by Frank.M.LoSchiavo »

Nico, I don't think jamovi makes any type of backup data file by default, so the question is, Where do you store your backup files? Maybe you back up your files to a flash drive, or to OneDrive, or Box. If you don't back up your files regularly and you can't open the jamovi file you've been working with, you might need to re-enter your data. I hope this helps.

FML