RJ Editor not working w/system R option

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
Frank.M.LoSchiavo

RJ Editor not working w/system R option

Post by Frank.M.LoSchiavo »

Hi. I've been having a difficult time getting RJ editor (or RJ editor +) to run analyses (any analyses) when selecting the system R option. I can run analyses fine using RJ editor when selecting the jamovi R option, and I can run analyses fine using the same R code from within RStudio. For example, when running summary(data[1]), the analysis works fine when the jamovi R option is selected, but I receive an "argument is of length zero" error when the system R option is selected. After running jamovi 2.2.5 initially and having no luck with it, I loaded 2.3.16, but I'm still encountering the same problem. I'm running R version 4.1.3. From within RStudio, I installed jmvconnect, although I'm not clear whether that is necessary or not. What am I doing wrong? I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thx.

FML
Screenshot showing the analysis works with the jamovi R option but not the system R option.
Screenshot showing the analysis works with the jamovi R option but not the system R option.
jamovi-screenshot.jpg (139.53 KiB) Viewed 2527 times
Frank.M.LoSchiavo

Re: RJ Editor not working w/system R option

It's been a week since I posted my question...Can anyone offer any help? At this point, I think I've done about all that I know how to (reasonably) do. I've updated jamovi and R and related packages. I've tried different chunks of sample code. I've scoured the internet reading about similar problems people have had.

I simply cannot get Rj Editor to work when selecting system R. This particular jamovi option seems to be the best option for learning/playing with R, so I'd really like to make it work. What am I doing wrong? I'd appreciate any help anyone can provide. Thx!
MAgojam

Post by MAgojam »

Frank.M.LoSchiavo wrote:It's been a week since I posted my question...
Hey @FLM,

maybe because you didn't go through here:
https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues
which is the best place to report these kinds of problems.

Anyway here:
https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues/1210
there is already a report similar to yours, but it has not closed/resolved yet.

Cheers,
Maurizio
Frank.M.LoSchiavo

Thanks for the link, Maurizio. I appreciate it. I'll read through the thread and see if it helps, but based on what you wrote, it sounds like the issue is still unresolved.

I was not aware of using github to report this kind of problem. I thought a jamovi.org forum called "Help" seemed like as good a place as any, lol.

Take care.

FML
MAgojam

Post by MAgojam »

Frank.M.LoSchiavo wrote:I thought a jamovi.org forum called "Help" seemed like as good a place as any, lol.
Yes @FML,
what you say is true, but if you go back under the HELP of the Platform you will find my suggestion.
It is only to put the problem in a more attentive place by the jamovi TEAM and maybe find if it is already present or if it has already been solved.
Lately I am more on Ubuntu 22.04, where this problem is not there
and your report led me to make it emerge with windows (Thanks).
I will try to put some time on Rj, although I think Jonathon is the Top for that.

Cheers,
Maurizio

Only for Jth:
"you keep it and like it" :')
MAgojam

Post by MAgojam »

Hey @FML,

I took the "Time Machine" and went back to take a look at an Rj on which I had intervened to fix a problem that occurred with zip files using the utils package, just when "System R" was selected in the Rj editor.

Here https://github.com/MAgojam/Rj you will find the sources of my fork to Rj and if you want to try (at your own risk :') ) also the file Rj_1.1.1.jmo, to be downloaded for a "Sideload" installation.
Compiled with the solid version of jamovi v2.2.5.0 it is for use with the same solid version.
rsystem.PNG
rsystem.PNG (54.66 KiB) Viewed 2356 times
Let's see if returning to today, I find the problem that arises with the new versions after the addition of Rj+.