Installing Modules

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
Quint

Installing Modules

Post by Quint »

Hello I am an IT systems administrator at a university and I am wondering if there is there another way to install modules besides loading up the application and choosing the modules from the library.

I have Jamovi 2.2.5 install a number of virtual computers in Azure and I have a new request to install 3 modules. I'd like to automate the task so I don't have log into a large number of computers and do it manually.

Is there a way to pre-download the modules and copy them over or perhaps a dos or PowerShell command to load the modules?

Thanks
Q
Quint

Re: Installing Modules

Post by Quint »

So I found out that you can get the modules from here (https://www.jamovi.org/library.html) which are in .jmo format. These files can be renamed to .zip and extracted. I created a startup script that copied the folders to C:\Program Files\jamovi 2.2.5.0\Resources\modules\

Jamovi recognized these modules were installed so hopefully it works out for the lab instructor
MAgojam

Re: Installing Modules

Post by MAgojam »

Hey @Quint,

yes the modules written and compiled for jamovi are actually zip files.
If you rename the .jmo file to .zip you can see its contents and this folder should be copied to:
c:\Users\MAgojam\AppData\Roaming\jamovi\modules\
Changing if you are not MAgojam with Quint or Other.

So if you update jamovi the library modules, which ARE NOT the ones present with the jamovi installation that goes to C:\Program Files\

I would suggest you try a clean jamovi installation and download the modules of interest from within jamovi (you get the updated modules from there).

Then take a look at the path I indicated above (remember only that you are not MAgojam :') ) you have a folder with all the modules you need and updated that you can manage with a copy script on your virtual computers.

Good work,
Maurizio