Win Install: silent switch to auto-uninstall old version?

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
Vaquero

Win Install: silent switch to auto-uninstall old version?

Post by Vaquero »

Hey there! For making my life easier and not missing updates I use chocolatey package manager on windows and built choco packages for jamovi (e.g. https://chocolatey.org/packages/jamovi.install). I noticed that when running the installer with the silent switch, it still prompts an input from the user asking if the old version shall be uninstalled or not, thus making it non-silent. Is there a way to make it auto-uninstall the old version with a silent argument?
Otherwise I would have to work around this with autohotkey, and I'm not really keen on that.
dropmann

Re: Win Install: silent switch to auto-uninstall old version

Post by dropmann »

Hey! I'll look into this for sure. Working with nsis is a pain but i'll see what i can do. I have to do some installer work in the next days so i'll do this at the same time.
dropmann

Post by dropmann »

Hey,

I have fixed up the installer so that the silent mode works more silently. I have added the following error codes:

ERROR_INSTALL_PLATFORM_UNSUPPORTED - Don't currently support 64bit
ERROR_PRODUCT_VERSION - Version is already installed
ERROR_INSTALL_FAILURE - the jamovi app is currently running
ERROR_ELEVATION_REQUIRED - Admin required

It also launches the uninstaller silently when needed.

These things will be available in the next release. That shouldn't be to far away. :)

damian
Vaquero

Post by Vaquero »

That's great news! Thank you for putting the effort into it. I'll see how it pans out, when my system automatically updates to the next release via the chocolatey package manager.
With choco I'd still have the option to run a script before the new version is installed, so I could uninstall the old version beforehand this way, but I'm not sure if it would be unattended and silent. But when your updated (un)installer does the magic, I won't have to.
dropmann

Post by dropmann »

Hi,

just letting you know that the current version 0.7.3.2 should have the silent installer improvements.

damian
Vaquero

Post by Vaquero »

Works like a charm! Thank you very much!