How do I save the results in the syntex mode output?

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
daino

How do I save the results in the syntex mode output?

Post by daino »

Hello.
I am a student who has been learning the Jamovi.
I know that the Jamovi supports syntax mode, but is there a way to save only the syntax mode separately like the SPSS?
I tried it, but it was saved only DESCRIPTIVES chart. I can't save my code.
I'd appreciate it if you could let me know how to save syntax output .
Attachments
idk.PNG
idk.PNG (30.7 KiB) Viewed 5832 times
dropmann

Re: How do I save the results in the syntex mode output?

Post by dropmann »

Hi daino,

so using jamovi is much like using any other modern software like excel or word for example. When you 'save' your work using an .omv extension then everything is saved. When you open the .omv file later you can continue on working like you had never left. Click on an analysis in the results panel and all you options there just the way you left them and can be edited again, like any modern software. You have access to the R code of each analysis in syntax mode, however, there is no need to save it separately because the .omv file contains everything in it to reproduce everything (just like a word document or excel document). From the image that you attached it looks like you exported the results panel as a pdf which is not an appropriate form for saving the 'state' of your data and analyses. Rather then clicking 'export' in the main menu, use the 'save As' button and save as an .omv. This in many ways is better then the spss way of saving the syntax. In the same way you save the syntax in spss, in jamovi you save your 'analyses' to an .omv file and that file can be sent to anyone and they can see exactly what you have done to what data and where you are up to. They can then toggle to syntax mode then if they feel the need.

I hope this is helpful.
MAgojam

Re: How do I save the results in the syntex mode output?

Post by MAgojam »

Hi @daino,
to recover the syntax to use in R or other, you must use copy and then paste ..
Save or Export -> Results do not save the syntax.

Cheers.
Maurizio