Computed variables not showing?

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
tamersaid

Re: Computed variables not showing?

Post by tamersaid »

I have the same error.. The calcualtion of the sum scores show for some rows but not the others, not really sure why..

jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hi,

can you start a new thread?

(it might be worth sharing a screenshot in that new thread).

kind regards
SSH

Post by SSH »

Hi there, I am new to jamovi and still learning. I have read through all the posts on here for missing values and tried every suggestion between this forum and youtube videos (ignore_missing=1 (which has no effect), etc) but can't figure out what I am getting wrong.

I have calculated z scores for SAS which are not appearing for some rows where I have assigned missing values to equal VMEAN but also z scores are not appearing/ not computing) for values where there are no missing cells....I can't figure out if it is a bug or i need to fix something in my SAS columns and re-compute z scores...

Is my missing value assignment incorrect? :thinking:

Comparing questionnaire data for an assignment due in the next couple of days and i'm just stuck on trying to resolve for these missing z scores as I would like to avoid having any missing N numbers and inaccurate z scores if possible...

Can a kind soul help me figure out what I am getting wrong and advise a solution?.....

Thank you so much in advance for your help and guidance!

(also, sorry to post on this thread as I can't find the alternative/ appropriate thread to enquire about this and i'm struggling with severe anxiety levels at the moment :nerd: )
Last edited by SSH on Mon May 23, 2022 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MAgojam

Post by MAgojam »

SSH wrote:I have calculated z scores for SAS which are not appearing for some rows where I have assigned missing values to equal VMEAN but also z scores are not appearing/ not computing) for values where there are no missing cells....I can't figure out if it is a bug or i need to fix something in my SAS columns and re-compute z scores...
Hey @SSH,

select all your variables from (SAS1 to SAS24) inclusive, so in one go you can delete that 'VEMAN' :thinking: you used for Missing value.
Reselect your computed variable 'Z-Score SAS' and add the group_by=0 argument to the Z() function.

Like this:

Code: Select all

Z(SAS1, SAS2, SAS3, SAS4, SAS5, SAS6, SAS7, SAS8, SAS9, SAS10, SAS11, SAS12, SAS13, SAS14, SAS15, SAS16, SAS17, SAS18, SAS19, SAS20, SAS21, SAS22, SAS23, SAS24, group_by=0)
Cheers,
Maurizio
SSH

Post by SSH »

Thank you so so much Maurizio! That solved it :) really really grateful for your help and guidance!

Warmest thanks,
S