Regression Within & Between Subjects - Long Format

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
Whirly123

Regression Within & Between Subjects - Long Format

Post by Whirly123 »

I am just wanting to double check that my Long Format data isn't counting data points more than once.

To keep explanation simple, I am running a Regression and my study design has a repeated measure where participants get to donate to different charities and there are 9 charities. So for each participant, there are 9 donation measures and charity type is the IV.

Each participant also filled in some personality inventories but because its long format their score is repeated 9 times. I just wanted to double check that Jamovi is taking this into account and not counting this 9 times or there is some other way I should be doing this?
jonathon

Re: Regression Within & Between Subjects - Long Format

Post by jonathon »

hi,

that is one of the drawbacks of 'long format'. you'll need to convert it to wide format to avoid the issue you describe (unfortunatly, there's no way to do this in jamovi at present).

cheers

jonathon
Whirly123

Post by Whirly123 »

Oh, I have it as wide format but then I can't do a regression with my repeated measures?
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

ah, so you can't use a 'normal' regression (regression -> linear regression) if you've got repeated measures. you can either use an RM ANOVA (and add covariates), or use the mixed models in the GAMLj module.

does that make sense?

jonathon
Whirly123

Post by Whirly123 »

It does, thank you :)