Problem: copy pasting and exporting a graph

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
mihaidricu

Re: Problem: copy pasting and exporting a graph

Post by mihaidricu »

Do you mean clicking the "Developer mode" checkbox from the drop down menu on the top right corner?
If I do that, there is no output anywhere.

thank you!
mihaidricu

Post by mihaidricu »

Hmm, I think I've isolated the problem.

The error does not appear whenever i try to export a single plot with only a continuous variable under "horizontal axis" and a categorical variable under "separate lines".
The trouble starts when I try to plot a three-way interaction: having the continuous variable 1 on the "horizontal axis", the categorical variable under "separate lines" and then again another continuous variable 2 under "separate plots". The error message appears when i try to export the leftmost plot (level Mean -1SD of the continuous variable 2) or the rightmost plot (level Mean + 1SD of the continuous variable 2). However, there is no error whenever I export the middle plot (level Mean of the continuous variable 2), thus mirroring the lack of errors when there is no variable under "separate plots".

Is it in any way helpful? Does it make sense to you?
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

ah! can you post a .omv file of this?

with thanks

jonathon
mihaidricu

Post by mihaidricu »

Of course. Here it is !
Attachments
LMM dataset.omv
(120.99 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hi,

thanks for reporting, and for the reproducible example. i've fixed the issue now, and this will be resolved in the next release.

with thanks
Mike23490

Post by Mike23490 »

Same problem here, on trying to export a graph the following message is displayed: "Save Failed. No such key or name". This is Jamovi 1.2.16 on MacOS 10.15.4, is the patch already included in this release? Is there any way to make it work, I can't really use Jamovi if there's no way of exporting the graphs.
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hi mike,

exporting images does work, there's just something peculiar about your computer.

is it only exporting a particular graph which causes this? or are all graphs effected? if you could attach a .omv file that might shed some light.

could you try running jamovi at the terminal, and see if any error messages are produced?

with thanks
Mike23490

Post by Mike23490 »

Hi Jonathon,

Thanks for a quick reply. I seem to have isolated the problem. If the name of the data variable contains a forward slash / (for example units like mg/dL) then this error message appears, at least when trying to export independent samples t-test plots in any format (EPS, PDF, etc). For some reason exporting works for correlation plots. Hope that this helps.

Best,

Mike
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

ah, good catch! i can see why that would be a problem. let me think about how we can fix it.

with thanks

jonathon