ALLOW JAMOVI TO STAY AWAKE FOR LONGER TIME

Whenever you feel like talking about something else, there's always the off-topic forum
Marco Mng'ong'o

ALLOW JAMOVI TO STAY AWAKE FOR LONGER TIME

Post by Marco Mng'ong'o »

HI FRIENDS, JAMOVI IS BEST FOR RESEARCHERS WHO ARE NOT COMPETENT IN R AS THE BEST ANALYTICAL SOFTWARE. BUT I FACE CHALLENGE IN JAMOVI THAT EVERY TIME I OPEN JAMOVI AFTER MAYBE 10 MINUTES OF INACTIVITY JAMOVI CLOSE UP AND NEED TO OPEN AGAIN THEN STARTING AGAIN A FRESH. IS THERE A WAY TO SOLVE THIS???.

CURRENTLY, THERE IS A PROBLEM OF SAVING THE ANALYZED DATA ESPECIALLY IF THE DOCUMENT WERE ANALYZED OR CREATED IN THE PREVIOUS VERSION. IS A WAY TO RESOLVE THIS?

THANKS

MARCO
jonathon

Re: ALLOW JAMOVI TO STAY AWAKE FOR LONGER TIME

Post by jonathon »

hi marco,

if you download and install the desktop version of jamovi, then you can leave it open and idle for as long as you like.

there is no known problem with opening files created with older versions of jamovi, with newer versions of jamovi. if you can provide steps so that we can reproduce the issue, we would be grateful.

kind regards

jonathon
Marco Mng'ong'o

Post by Marco Mng'ong'o »

Hi Jonathan, I have jamovi desktop and I face the problem that if I open and stay iddle for like 20 minutes where I come back it says session expired and I need to open it again and the previous work which was not saved is lost.

Is the issues of setting in my desktop or the problem of JAMOVI itself?

Thanks

Marco
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

we're not sure. we have heard of this issue before, but it's very rare, and we've not been able to get to the bottom of it:

https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues/866

cheers

jonathon