query about "need infinite 'xlim' values"

Discuss statistics related things
chelsey

query about "need infinite 'xlim' values"

Post by chelsey »

Good day Jamovi Team,

i am doing a meta-analysis as my research project, as a result i am using Jamovi as my statistical analysis software. I entered my data on MSExcel and imported into onto Jamovi, however, i am having some trouble with my data, and not sure on what i need to do.
When i entered the data on Jamovi, and used the add-on MAJOR, and tried to do the analyis, it gave me an "need infinite 'xlim' values". So filitered out each column to see if there were any missing values, but it showed that no values were missing. Initially i thought there might have been a problem with my excel sheet, so i entered the data manually onto Jamovi. But it still yielded the same results.
Could you please assist me as to what i need to do next, and what i may have done incorrectly with my data? i have attatched a screenshot of my data in Jamovi with the specific variables i am focusing on (authors and year published, sample and effect size).
Your assistance will be dearly and greatly appreciated :)
Attachments
screenshot
screenshot
Screenshot (7).png (183.68 KiB) Viewed 7079 times
MAgojam

Re: query about "need infinite 'xlim' values"

Post by MAgojam »

Hi @Chelsey,
Your screenshot appears to say that you are passing Standardized Difference values (Cohen's d) instead of the Correlation Coefficient (r) as required.
You can convert d to r as in the formula in the screenshot attached and as you can see the use of the Correlation coefficient (r) does not lead to error.
ScreenShot_20230816194002.jpeg
ScreenShot_20230816194002.jpeg (440.04 KiB) Viewed 7045 times
So, with this choice you need to provide Correlation and Sample size.

If you have Effect Size and (Variance or Standard Error) MAJOR can satisfy this option as well.

Cheers,
Maurizio Agosti
https://www.jamovi.org/about.html
chelsey

Re: query about "need infinite 'xlim' values"

Post by chelsey »

Dear Maurizio,

Thank you so much for your assistance, I appreciate it dearly! I will look at my data on Jamovi and correct it :)

Kindest regards,
Chelsey