GAMLj ¼ broken after recent jamovi update?

Everything related to the development of modules in jamovi
N1X3L

GAMLj ¼ broken after recent jamovi update?

Post by N1X3L »

The Generalized Mixed Model test is no longer functioning as expected following the latest jamovi update (v. 2.4.2). However, the General Linear Model, Mixed Model, and Generalized Linear Model tests are functioning as expected. Can anyone else verify please?
mcfanda@gmail.com

Re: GAMLj ¼ broken after recent jamovi update?

Post by mcfanda@gmail.com »

Hi
could you provide an example of analysis that fails?
N1X3L

Post by N1X3L »

Certainly! I did some more testing, and the failure seems to only occur when correlation by blocks is used. Adding a second random effect to a second block breaks the analysis. As you can see from the attached screenshot, "math | school" is never added to the model; the analysis stalls instead.

P.S. Let me know if you'd prefer that I submit this as an issue on GitHub.
Attachments
Bad_Blocks.png
Bad_Blocks.png (165.24 KiB) Viewed 11655 times
mcfanda@gmail.com

Hi, I confirm that after updating there is this issue with uncorrelated blocks in GzLMM. However, we are not going to fix it because because a major update of the module is coming out very soon, which is not compatible with the previous versions, and does not have this issue. If you want to experiment with it, you can find it in https://github.com/gamlj/gamlj/tree/Version.3.0.1. It should be installed from R, for the moment.
N1X3L

Post by N1X3L »

Understood, thank you for following up and the explanation. Trust me, I'm well aware of the major update of GAMLj. I check the jamovi modules everyday for that update, because I use GAMLj more than anything else. Thank you so much for continuing to develop GAMLj!
mcfanda@gmail.com

well, thanks. We are going out with an experimental version (GMALj3) that would not mess up with old analyses one did in gamlj. One can even have both versions in parallel. Please check it out and signal any issue with the new version.
mcfanda@gmail.com

thanks Alex
Marielle

Post by Marielle »

mcfanda@gmail.com wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:36 pm well, thanks. We are going out with an experimental version (GMALj3) that would not mess up with old analyses one did in gamlj. One can even have both versions in parallel. Please check it out and signal any issue with the new version.
Which version of jamovi do I need for GAMLj3? I tried to install it (via sideload, jamovi 2.3.28 - solid), but get a message "installed version is incompatible".
seol

Post by seol »

Hi Marielle

To use the GAMLj3 module, you must first update to jamovi version 2.4.8. Next, you can install the GAMLj3 module from the jamovi library.

Cheers
Seol
mcfanda@gmail.com

In the latest current version of jamovi you do not need to sideload GAMLj3, is already in the jamovi library