Multiple Response Module

Everything related to the development of modules in jamovi
vjalby

Multiple Response Module

Post by vjalby »

Hi,

I build my own module to deal with multiple response questions (n dichotomous variables 0/1) displaying table and bar chart... before I noticed UFS is also available as Jamovi Module. My R code uses a few lines from UFS/MultiResponse code, but since it has more options and includes a bar char, I think it's worth to releasee it to all. Code and module are available at https://github.com/vjalby/multipleresponse/. Everyone is welcome to test it and tell me if it's worth to keep it alive. (After installing the module, it's available in the Exploration Menu)

Best regards

jonathon

Re: Multiple Response Module

Post by jonathon »

hey, this is great cute little module by the looks of things!

i'll take a look shortly, and provide some feedback!

cheers

jonathon
MAgojam

Post by MAgojam »

vjalby wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:11 pm Everyone is welcome to test it and tell me if it's worth to keep it alive.
Hey Vincent,
I stopped by and left you a PR with some little suggestions.
Thanks for your module and I hope to see more.

Cheers,
Maurizio Agosti
https://www.jamovi.org/about.html
vjalby

Post by vjalby »

Thank you very much. I already included your suggestions... but, you know, the min/max values in a.yaml. I really don't like the error message it shows to end users, which looks like a bug in the R code.
MAgojam

Post by MAgojam »

vjalby wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:59 pm I really don't like the error message it shows to end users, which looks like a bug in the R code.
Yes, of course, you may not like it, but it's not a BUG.
It is a choice to inform the end users, which says that for that input the author or authors of that module have foreseen a possible range of values to be used.
Let's say that while maintaining this information mode for out of range, I send you a small modification to the .u.yaml file.
So when you select Width or Height the two values (minimum and maximum) will be displayed which you can choose or otherwise type a value within the range (The native message remains for the out of range).

Surely you can do many things from R code or by playing with a bit of javascrip code, you will evaluate it.
In the meantime, enjoy yourself.

Cheers,
Maurizio
vjalby

Post by vjalby »

Thanks Maurizio for your help. Actually, I found an easier and more straightforward way to do it : use a menu with some preset sizes. I'll modify is later today.

Regards
seol

Post by seol »

Hi

Initially the method you tried I tried as follows. I configured the menu to allow the user to enter based on the default value.

Cheers
Seol
Attachments
이미지 001.png
이미지 001.png (34.5 KiB) Viewed 14532 times
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

sorry for the delay! i'll take a look at this soon!

cheers

jonathon
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

sorry for the delay vjalby,

i tried using the multiple responses with the 'tooth growth' data set (which i know is silly, but i still would have expected a different result).

see below.

you could also provide an example data set, so people can try it out without having to hunt down appropriate data. you put the data file in a data directory in the module (take a look at jmv or similar for an example), and then put an entry in your 0000.yaml file like this:

https://github.com/jamovi/jmv/blob/mast ... #L282-L294

cheers
Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 11.41.01.png
Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 11.41.01.png (752.38 KiB) Viewed 14451 times
vjalby

Post by vjalby »

Jonathon,

I'm sorry about that. Option variables must be dichotomous variables (0/1 by default). I've included a sample dataset in the new version available at GitHub.

Regards