Activating filter changes syntax

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
MMM

Activating filter changes syntax

Post by MMM »

I am using jamovi desktop 2.4.11 as a portable app started from the unpacked zip-file.

When I am using multiple instances of the same analysis, e.g., three times descriptives (each one for a different variable, example file attached), the syntax/analysis is changing after activating a filter.

In the attached file I have 4 random variables (A, B, C, and D) and I am running the three following analyses:

jmv::descriptives(
data = data,
vars = A)

data = data,
vars = B)

data = data,
vars = C)

After activating the prepared filter (Filter1 = D==2) the syntax of the three analyses is changing, e.g.:

data = data,
vars = A)

data = data,
vars = B)

data = data,
vars = A)

If adjusting the third descriptives back to C, it changes again after deactivating the filter to A or sometimes to B. Furthermore all arguments (e.g. showing the variance) will be reseted to the standard.

Sometimes it changes the second descriptives, if this one is currently highlighted.

This behavior includes other analyses, too, not only the descriptives. Is this a bug or am I just using the tool wrong? I am coming from SPSS and trying to switch to jamovi for my classes, so maybe I just need an advice how to use jamovi properly.

Really strange: After opening the attached file the first time, the syntax will not change. After clicking on one analysis or adding more analyses, you can see the above described behavior.

Wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year.
Attachments
FilterChangesSyntax.omv
(5.86 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
reason180

Re: Activating filter changes syntax

Post by reason180 »

Looks like a bug to me. If I toggle back and forth a dozen times--between the filter being on versus off--the "variables" being "described" do change arbitrarily.
MMM

Re: Activating filter changes syntax

Post by MMM »

Thanks for testing and verifying.

As this seems to be a reproduceable bug I reported it on the issues page on github.