cairo_ps error

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
mahdiazizi

cairo_ps error

Post by mahdiazizi »

Dear All,

I've been attempting to export the person-item map for PCM (image) in EPS, SVG, or PNG format, but it doesn't seem to be functioning properly; it doesn't generate any files. (Error: Save failed Evaluation error: unable to start device 'cairo_ps'.)
Could you please advise on what steps I can take? Which packages should I install? Currently, I'm only able to export the entire dataset as a PDF.

I'm running Jamovi version 2.3.28 on a PC with Windows 11 Enterprise version 23H2 OS build 22631.3447.

Thank you.
seol

Re: cairo_ps error

Post by seol »

Hi

You should install the latest version(current version) of jamovi and snowRMM module in jamovi library.

Kind Regards
Seol
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hi,

i don't think this is to do with the snowRMM module, but rather jamovi itself. could you try using jamovi 2.5 like seol suggests, and let us know if that fixes it?

with thanks
mahdiazizi

Post by mahdiazizi »

Dear All,

I installed the Jamovi 2.5.3 with snowIRT and snowRMM packages. Also, I updated all the packages I had. Then I tried to reanalyze my data again with both snowIRT and snowRMM packages. I received the "saved failed" error when I tried to save the person-item map for PCM or Wright map as SVG, PNG, or EPS in the snowIRT package polytomous model section. Also, when I tried to analyze my data with the snowRRM package in the Rasch model section, I received this error: subscript out of bounds | Debug Error in all.p[cbind(x.i[, i], 1:n.unique)]: subscript out of bounds
private$.run()
private$.compute(data)
mixRasch::misxRasch(data = data, steps = step, model = type, n.c = 1)

Many thanks.
seol

Post by seol »

Hi
For " when I tried to analyze my data with the snowRRM package in the Rasch model section, I received this error: subscript out of bounds | Debug Error in all.p[cbind(x.i[, i], 1:n.unique)]: subscript out of bounds
private$.run()
private$.compute(data)
mixRasch::misxRasch(data = data, steps = step, model = type, n.c = 1)",

Would you share .omv file that causes error?
Zip it up and attach it in the snowRMM github board: https://github.com/hyunsooseol/snowRMM/issues

Kind Regards
mahdiazizi

Post by mahdiazizi »

Dear Seol and Jonathon,

I have resolved the issue with exporting images to PNG, SVG, and EPS formats. The problem was that my .omv file was located in a folder that was nested inside another folder named in Persian (a different language). When I changed the folder name to English, it fixed the problem in both version 2.3 and 2.5.
However, I am still experiencing an issue with snorRMM. I will send the zip file to the GitHub board.

Thanks.
seol

Post by seol »

Hi

First, you need to convert characters(or Strings) to numbers in data first with snowRMM module.

Kind Regards
Seol
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

The problem was that my .omv file was located in a folder that was nested inside another folder named in Persian (a different language).
thanks for letting us know. i've created an issue and will look at fixing this soon.

https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues/1493

with thanks