Vectorized figures

Discuss the jamovi platform, possible improvements, etc.
Laurent

Vectorized figures

Post by Laurent »

Dear all,

I'm trying to save vectorized figures from jamovi, to be able to customize color, size of lines etc in Illustrator afterwards. When I save as pdf, I get a grey square with no figure. The other options to export figures do not work either. I'm using jamovi solid 2.5.3 for Windows. I saw that a similar issue was raised in the past, and that saving pdf was fixed, but since I use the last version, I wonder whether there is a new issue? Any help would be welcome.

Thanks!
Laurent
jonathon

Re: Vectorized figures

Post by jonathon »

hi,

could you take a look here: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues/1483 and let me know if your experience is similar?

also, could you provide a .omv file (you may need to zip it up first), containing a plot which doesn't export correctly.

with thanks
Laurent

Post by Laurent »

Hi Jonathon,
It really is a problem with any figure or dataset. I attach one.
Also, I tried downloading XQuartz as you mentioned, but I run Jamovi on Windows. Does XQuartz exist for Windows as well (can't find it - sorry, maybe a stupid question) ? My problem is not that Jamovi crashes, it is that the saved picture is just a grey square (seems I can't attach a pdf here - but it's just a grey square with the number "1" in the top-left corner).
LS
Attachments
ErrorJamovi.omv
(88.41 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

OK, thanks for the info. i'll spend some time investigating.

i might come back to you to ask you to try some things, if that would be ok?

with thanks

jonathon
Laurent

Post by Laurent »

No problem. Happy to help fixing the problem.
LS
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hi,

could you try the 2.5.4 (from the downloads page). if that doesn't fix the issue, could you start jamovi in debug mode. you'll find 'jamovi debug' in the windows start menu, which will give you a terminal ... then you can start jamovi with the command

jamovi --debug2

this will give you some extra windows. i'd be interested in any error messages that appear on these consoles.

with thanks

jonathon
Laurent

Post by Laurent »

Hi,

I just installed 2.5.4, but it doesn't change the outcome.
The same in the debug mode. I got the same issue with the figure, and no error message appeared while exporting the figure into PDF.

LS
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

can you just confirm for me, when you run it with the --debug2 flag ... that you get three additional terminal windows?

jonathon
Laurent

Post by Laurent »

I have a total of 5 consoles, incl. the one where I entered the command >> jamovi --debug2

--> The only error message I get before exporting the figure is:

DeprecationWarning: There is no current event loop
loop = get_event_loop()"

--> When exporting the figure, one console shows:

Attaching package: 'jmvcore'

The following objects are masked from 'package:base':

endsWith, format, startsWith

There's no other message on any other console.
LS
Laurent

Post by Laurent »

Hi again-

I might have found something that could help.

When using jamovi version 2.3.28, instead of 2.5.4, it works well, I can export pdf. The module that I use is for mixed model (gamlj). Now - I don't know whether the problem comes from jamovi or from gamlj, since the version of gamlj changes from jamovi 2.3.28 to 2.5.4 (changes from gamlj to gamlj3). Could that help solve the issue?

LS