jTransform long to wide results in incorrect new dataset - Help or Bug?

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
jscharlau

jTransform long to wide results in incorrect new dataset - Help or Bug?

Post by jscharlau »

Hello there,

i am trying to create a new wide dataset from a long dataset using jTransform. I have several cases with the same identifier, as I have collected data at different times for the same variables. When I input the data, the preview shows the correct transformed dataset.
Bildschirmfoto 2024-05-13 um 12.24.08.png
Bildschirmfoto 2024-05-13 um 12.24.08.png (209.04 KiB) Viewed 1448 times

When I create the new dataset, some new variables do not show the right values, but the cells show either 0 or -0. These are the variables I created by the jamovi function compute variable. Some variables show other values, which are not always correct or are missing altogether. These are the variables which were saved after conducting reliability analysis.
Bildschirmfoto 2024-05-13 um 12.25.10.png
Bildschirmfoto 2024-05-13 um 12.25.10.png (176.03 KiB) Viewed 1448 times
What could be going on there? Is it a fault on my part or a bug or a combination of the two?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
jonathon

Re: jTransform long to wide results in incorrect new dataset - Help or Bug?

Post by jonathon »

a new version of jTransform was recently pushed to the library (possibly in response to this post) ... it would be worth seeing if that fixes the issue.

cheers