retain levels

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
coledavis

retain levels

Post by coledavis »

Hi. Using version 0.9.0.5, I now find that the retain levels option no longer applies for 'filter'.
dropmann

Re: retain levels

Post by dropmann »

Hi Cole, from what i can see the retain levels option seems to require that the changes to the column be applied using the tick or by selecting another column. I'll chat with jonathon about what the immediate application of the option effects.
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

so the only reason we don't apply everything immediately, always, is the levels.

if you're moving a level from position 5 to position 1, then the analyses are going to be run over and over, as you move it to position 4, then position 3 , etc. (practically, it's actually not that bad, bad there's something aesthetically offensive about it).

*but* what we could do is when you change something about the levels, you enter 'level editing mode'. the background goes a bit darker, etc. then when you click out of the levels control, it applies it.

that way we can do away with the apply button, and the confusion that entails.

jonathon
dropmann

Post by dropmann »

That could work :)
coledavis

Post by coledavis »

I'll leave you chaps to it!