Saving analysis results

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
BenK

Saving analysis results

Post by BenK »

Hi!

This is further to the question about saving results that was asked here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=196

But I'm starting a new topic because I have more specific questions about a possible work-around.

The background is that we are seriously considering using Jamovi with a large undergraduate cohort already this October, but there are just one or two things currently that are possibly deal-breakers. The main one is being able to save factor scores after PCA. Our undergraduates have an important exercise where they use participants' factor scores as IVs in multiple regression.

I was looking into writing my own module because although I realise there is no way in the current API to save anything into Jamovi's data-sheet, I thought it might be possible to write code that would save a text file, which could then be re-imported.

I haven't got as far as testing it yet but perhaps someone could tell me if I'm on to a non-starter?

And obviously it would be better to have saving directly into the data sheet. So my other question would be, what are that odds that is made possible by October?

Thanks a lot!

Ben
jonathon

Re: Saving analysis results

Post by jonathon »

hi ben,

sorry for the delay in getting back to you. let me talk to some of the gang about enabling saving factor scores to the data set.

i think october should be do-able.

jonathon
BenK

Re: Saving analysis results

Post by BenK »

Thanks Jonathon! I'll be watching this thread and the other one. Cheers, Ben.