Connection Lost Error

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
sevymli

Connection Lost Error

Post by sevymli »

I get "Connection Lost Error" when i click to "Independent Samples T-Test" from analyses section. Is there any suggestion for this situation?
:thinking:
By the way, I tried for both version of Jamovi (versions 0.9.1.12 and 0.9.2.1).
Attachments
jamovi.png
jamovi.png (94.24 KiB) Viewed 5442 times
jonathon

Re: Connection Lost Error

Post by jonathon »

hi sevymli,

can you get any of the analyses to work, or is it only independent samples t-tests which are affected?

with thanks
sevymli

Post by sevymli »

Hi Jonathon,
it's same in all analyses. For example I get the same connection lost error when I add dependent variable and fixed factors on ANOVA analyses. Even when I click to Frequencies section the same error occurs.

By the way I am connected to internet. There is no problem with my firewall or antivirus app. I'm a home user -not using from cooperation network or any proxy.

Thanks for your help.
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

blergh. these sorts of issues do crop up from time-to-time, and they effect a very small number of users (<.1%), but are almost impossible to get to the bottom of (without getting access to your computer). (oh, and only on windows).

could try running jamovi from the debug terminal (the debug terminal should be in the start menu), and see if there's any error output?

do you have a username on your computer with international characters in it? do you run in a language other than english?

with thanks
sevymli

Post by sevymli »

Hi Jonathan,
The same error occur after I changed my username with international characters. I use my operation system in Turkish language.
I got these codes after try the debug terminal (jamovi 0.9.2.1 Debug) upon your's advice :

To start jamovi simply type 'jamovi' below:
C:\Program Files\jamovi 0.9.2.1\bin>jamovi
C:\Program Files\jamovi 0.9.2.1\bin>
jamovi
version: 0.0.0
cli: 0.0.0
ports: 54849, 54850, 54851
cleaning up: 481c3537-5ff3-410d-a3f5-0062d8e2889a
Engine process terminated with exit code 3221225477
sevymli

Post by sevymli »

By the way I use the Jamovi on Oracle VM VirtualBox with the same operating system and same PC.

It's weird to use it on Virtual OS. But it's not a solution because the virtual machine's virtual memory get insufficient to calculate the statistics when I'm add more than one variable to the analyses.

:rolling_eyes: :thinking:
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

could you try this version?:

https://www.jamovi.org/downloads/jamovi ... 4-py37.exe

with thanks